Georgia District Pilot Foundation: Lynda Goodwin Volunteer Scholarship
Information taken from the Georgia District website. See below for Oconee Co Schools.
The Georgia Pilot Foundation will award up to three $1,500 scholarships for outstanding community volunteer service to a graduating senior within the Georgia District. Students must be sponsored by a Georgia District Pilot Club.
The applicant must:
- Be a graduating senior from an accredited Georgia High School and have a minimum of a 3.0 or B academic average.
- Plan to attend an accredited college.
- Live in or attend an accredited high school in the county of the Georgia District Pilot Club sponsoring the applicant. (Oconee County)
- Submit a completed application to your school counselor by 9:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2023.
Complete applications should include:
- Attached application signed by student. Georgia District Pilot Foundation, Lynda Goodwin Volunteer Scholarship,2023 Application Form (See link below)
- 150 to 200 word Essay on the student’s volunteer experience
- Official High School grade transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from the following: Teacher, school counselor, clergyman, employer, scout leader or community leader who has knowledge of the applicant’s volunteer activities
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, room amp; board, or books. Scholarship payment will be mailed directly to the applicant’s educational institution after proof of the student’s registration from their selected college is provided to the Georgia District Treasurer. Any unused funds must be returned to the Georgia Pilot Foundation, Inc.
Applicants must turn in their completed application with supporting documents to their school counselor by 9 AM on January 10, 2023. The Oconee Co Pilot Club will then complete the process by writing the letter of recommendation and mailing to the Foundation. The instructions on the Georgia District Website are for schools with Anchor Clubs.
For more information, please see the attachment entitled “GPF Scholarship Linda Goodwin Volunteer Application” on the Forms page of the Georgia District website.